Add-on authors, please see https://forums.ankiweb.net/t/add-on-porting-notes-for-anki-2-1-41/7390
Build 3ba08d11 / 2021-03-04.
- Fix a freeze when answering a card with a missing parent deck.
- Fix an error that could occur when syncing between 2.1.41 and older clients, then downgrading.
Build 92aaaf71 / 2021-03-02.
- Fix 2.1 scheduler review counts not matching deck list.
- Fix a focusing issue in the editor (thanks to Henrik).
Build 14cc81f8 / 2021-03-01.
- Filtered deck screen now has a link to show cards not matched by search (thanks to Rumo, Abdo).
- Support Alt+number to switch between clozes in the card layout screen (thanks to Abdo).
- Fix images not shrinking to fit editor field (thanks to Henrik).
- Fix a focus handling issue in the editor (thanks to Henrik).
- Fix incorrect review counts in the 2.1 scheduler when parent decks had a smaller limit than their children.
- Fix early review cards remaining in new queue after upgrading to 2.1 scheduler.
- Improve error message when trying to nest under a filtered deck (thanks to Rumo).
- Use monospace font in HTML editor.
Build 46e9720e / 2021-02-21.
- The V1->V2 upgrade process no longer resets cards that are in learning, or removes cards from filtered decks.
- Users on the old scheduler will now see a message at the top of the deck list prompting them to update to the Anki 2.1 scheduler.
- New users will see the message too. Enabling it by default would be a smoother experience, but that needs to wait until AnkiDroid 2.15 is released as stable, with support for the newer timezone handling.
- There is no option to downgrade to the V1 scheduler anymore, though you can still do so by downgrading to an older Anki version first.
- Fix tag replacement/deletion matching substrings (thanks to Abdo).
- Fix images not shrinking to fit in fields (thanks to Henrik).
- Fix "saved searches" getting selected when clicking in empty area of sidebar (thanks to BlueGreekMagick).
- Reposition dialog's "shift cards" option now defaults to off.
Build b3b40933 / 2021-02-12.
- Drop multiple selection, and switch back to the old clicking behaviour. Multiple selection can be tackled again in a future update.
- "Due" now shows only cards due that day.
- Added "Overdue" item.
"Set due" now leaves the review intervals alone unless '!' is provided.
Fix stale preview in card layout screen (thanks to Henrik).
Ignore manually scheduled cards in hour graph.
Build 599d4634 / 2021-02-09.
- Multiple selection. Currently only works with tag and deck drag&drop.
- Ctrl/Alt/Shift options to add/modify the search now require a right click instead of a left click, to avoid conflicts with multiple selection.
- Move "Current Deck" to Decks
- Click on Decks to show whole collection.
- Click on Flags to show any flag.
- Click on Tags to show all non-empty tags.
- Added "Untagged" under Tags.
"Set Due Date" changes:
- Interval can optionally be reset for review cards.
- Input now remembered.
Editor tweaks to make things easier for add-ons (thanks to Henrik).
Fix slowdown after large "check media" report.
Fix 'rsbackend' errors in some add-ons.
Fix compatibility with fastbar add-on.
Markdown rendering of deck config is now opt-in - once enabled, it will change the handling of both the overview and congrats screen. When not enabled, the congrats screen will not show the description.
Build 704b5e58 / 2021-02-07.
This beta includes all the changes from 2.1.39beta1 - please see its change notes as well.
Changes since 2.1.39beta1:
The editor's code has been reworked, thanks to Henrik:
<br>tags will now be used by default instead of the previous
<div>tags, which solves some issues with multiple lines in cloze deletions and MathJax.
- Invalid field content can no longer spill out into the editing area.
- Other behind-the-scenes changes have been made at the same time, and some add-ons that alter the editor will need updating.
Browser sidebar improvements:
- Added a search bar, thanks to Abdo.
- The remaining items in the Filter button have been moved into the sidebar, and the Filter button removed.
- Tags and decks can now be dragged and dropped.
- Each section can now be expanded/collapsed.
- Add-ons that were adjusting the sidebar or filter button may need updating.
Search improvements, thanks to Rumo:
- Filtered decks can now be created from a browser search, and vice versa.
- Better ergonomics for developers.
Reworked the Reschedule tool:
- Split into separate "Forget" and "Set Due Date" actions
- "Set Due Date" now adjusts intervals of review cards, instead of resetting them.
- Changed the "Delete Tags" shortcut; Ctrl+Shift+D now changes the due date.
- Added the action to the review screen as well.
- The tags field in the editor now autocompletes from anywhere in a tag name, not only the start.
- The title bar on Macs will now turn dark when night mode is activated.
- Improvements to the graphs, thanks to Henrik.
- Add deck description back to congrats screen, with caveats.
- Add opus to media list in editor.
- Other improvements with thanks to Rumo, Henrik, Abdo, Arthur and Maksim.
- Almost all of the Python codebase now has type hints. 🎉